We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager to be based within our Cruise AI group, working directly with key Engineering leaders, cross functional Engineering partners, and Recruiting. The successful candidate will oversee strategic initiatives, helping to execute against pivotal programs, within tight timeframes. Working as a cross functional leader, this role will be working with all business units throughout Cruise in documenting procedures, managing programs from inception to launch, and ensuring success of cross collaborative efforts between business units.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day operations processes of key Cruise AI teams, meeting deadlines, and ensuring that projects are being completed on schedule.
- Successfully follow through on strategy on short and long-term department goals, which will be developed directly with Head of AI.
- Use data to monitor, track, and evaluate KPIs; proactively propose and champion process, tooling, or documentation.
- Communicate across different groups within engineering, operations, legal, vehicles, and support teams to understand needs and align on priorities.
- Work with senior leadership on creation of new processes and documentation.
- Be the go-to program manager for all things operations related to Cruise AI, cross functional Engineering partners, and Recruiting
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience, ideally at a fast-growing company.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic technical concepts.
- Organized, structured thinker that can navigate different projects, tools, and stakeholders and communicate status, progress, issues, and changes to diverse audiences.
- Ability to drive forward solutions in ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Analytical and data-oriented; can create and use KPIs / dashboards to monitor complex operations.
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about autonomous technology and its potential impact on the world.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.