We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role:
Autonomous Vehicle Development team is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our growing Fleet Reliability Team. We’re building Cruise’s world-class fleet reliability infrastructure, to empower the AV Development, Hardware, and Fleet teams with the latest and greatest information possible to rapidly find solutions to complex problems. You will be responsible for delivering clear, effective and accessible documentation that spans our tool suite for training, cross functional/ cross departmental communication, and fleet support.
As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a technical field, such as software development, computer science, machine learning or engineering.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop, create, and maintain standard engineering documentation that supports AV Hardware & Development, and Fleet Engineering
- Create repository of lessons learned technical documentation to support continuous improvement
- Support vehicle retrofits by providing clear and concise documentation
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Program in product and release planning
- Work cross-functionally and communicate regularly with our internal customers to spot gaps and prioritize future documentation work
- Work across a wide set of product(s) to produce end to end, goal-oriented examples
- Write updates to customers and keep them informed about the latest documentation resources
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You’re creative and eager to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- You’re detail-oriented and self-motivated and able to work independently
- You have a natural desire to understand how customers will use our products
- You’re an excellent writer and verbal communicator who has the ability to navigate complex organizations and collaborate with diverse stakeholders on new and ambiguous projects.
- You have experience with writing technical documentation for hardware, electromechanical, and vehicle level systems.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3 years of professional experience is required.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.