We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Hardware Reliability Engineer to define and develop risk reduction and validation plans that will ensure our groundbreaking AV hardware systems meet our needs in the field.
In this position, you will partner with Hardware Design, Systems, and Vehicle Engineers to identify, quantify, and design plans to mitigate reliability risks for new AV hardware. You will work closely with suppliers and partners to ensure the validation plan is executed correctly and that any failures are addressed by corrective actions informed by solid understanding of root cause. If you are interested in breaking really cool things and working to make them even better, let’s chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Facilitate and drive DFMEAs with designers, SMEs, and test engineers to identify testing and validation needs for new designs
- Define test plans to de-risk clean sheet designs from prototype through production
- Develop tests based on physics of failure for electronic, optical and/or electromechanical systems
- Collaborate with test engineers and technicians to review and report test results
- Work with design and manufacturing engineers to define design and/or process improvements to address reliability issues based on understanding of root cause
- Perform statistical analyses of lab and field test results and clearly communicate results
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in hardware development/test
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Strong understanding of physics of failure and application to electromechanical systems
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience in the automotive/ADAS/AV industry
- Experience with sensor systems including cameras, LiDAR, and radar
- Experience developing mechanical test profiles based on field data
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.