We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to help us build and implement a robust quality and evaluation program. This is a critical role that will closely interact with teams including Hardware Engineering, R&D Test, and Sensors. Additionally, this person will work closely with our OEM and critical suppliers. If you are passionate about hardware being built correctly and love solving tough problems, let’s talk!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Evaluate our current testing and quality standards and help build robust IQC, test and validation processes internally and externally
- Collaborate with engineering and technician teams on root cause analysis of all issues
- Track all issues and develop reporting structure to effectively communicate status to all stakeholders
- Work with suppliers to develop corrective action plans and ensure they are implemented
- Lead supplier evaluation process including facility and process audits
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS in engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ year’s relevant experience in a complex, high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience working with overseas suppliers, preferably China based
- Experience with root cause analysis best practices
- Strong, data driven, statistical QC and QA skills
- Experience with factory audits
- Ability to work across multiple teams and engineering disciplines
- Experience with automotive OEM or Tier 1
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Experience with data centers or other commercial compute hardware
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.