We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The VHM & Diagnostics team is looking for an experienced systems engineer who can lead the requirements specification and architectural design of diagnostics for the autonomous driving system. This position will be a great opportunity for someone with experience in existing diagnostic concepts in automotive or other safety-critical applications to apply their knowledge to the autonomous vehicle space.
- Drive discussions with SW, embedded, and HW engineering teams to develop the overall diagnostic architecture.
- Generate requirements for the health management system including detection and mitigation mechanisms needed to ensure the functional safety of the vehicle.
- Develop diagnostic strategies at all layers of implementation from autonomous SW applications (mapping, planning, perception, etc.) down to HW components (CPU/GPU, memory, I/O buses, etc.).
- Develop Concept of Operations for new projects describing the use-cases for diagnostics during the entire lifecycle of the autonomous driving system from manufacturing to decommissioning.
- Perform analysis or simulation to determine timing and other performance metrics for the diagnostic functions in order to meet vehicle-level hazard metrics.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years experience minimum in Systems, Integration, or SW/HW engineering working on safety and time-critical products (automotive, aerospace, industrial, robotics, etc.)
- Specific knowledge of and experience with developing diagnostic and safety systems for these products
- Experience writing requirements, developing rationale for requirements, and drawing architecture diagrams
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles including requirements analysis, decomposition/allocation and traceability, ConOps development, and top down thinking.
- Strong communicator who can proactively bring cross-functional teams together to get alignment.
- Experience working with embedded SW and HW components including knowledge of common architectures for both.
- Automotive domain knowledge a plus including ECUs, CAN, LIN, UDS, DTCs, DoIP, DoCAN, etc. but not required.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.