We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
In the midst of a complex regulatory environment where the one constant is change, the Legal team is charged with guiding Cruise as it navigates novel legal issues and risk considerations to help Cruise unlock the future. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you will have a big impact on high-stakes decisions. Our team works with technical, development, and business teams to solve some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation and pave the way for launch.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join Cruise’s Litigation & Employment team. In this role, you will support all aspects of litigation, dispute resolution, records retention, internal investigations, and employment advice & counsel at Cruise, and will lead our e-discovery program. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative and experienced manager of litigation and investigations, who welcomes the added challenge of helping us design, build, and scale the Company’s litigation and dispute resolution processes. While technical skills, experience, a strong work ethic, and knowledge are vital requisites of this role, the best candidates are also personable and organized, and demonstrate the ability to act with efficiency, accuracy, flexibility, and creativity. This position will be based at Cruise’s headquarters in San Francisco and will report to the Associate General Counsel, Litigation & Employment.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Actively manage internal investigations, litigation, and pre-litigation demands, including fact-finding, managing the preservation, collection, and review of data, implementing holds, and working with outside counsel as necessary
- Implement and manage our e-discovery platform and capability, and incorporate e-discovery and records retention considerations into information management systems and processes across Cruise
- Create, update, and improve internal processes, templates, guidelines, and playbooks on a broad range of topics
- Manage responses to subpoenas and garnishments
- Work closely with the Legal Operations team on cross-functional programs, including matter management and metrics, budgeting, etc.
- Work closely and effectively with teams across Cruise on various risk mitigation initiatives and programs, including compliance with records retention schedules
- Become familiar with all our physical and electronic records repositories for both e-discovery and information governance purposes
- Collaborate and coordinate with GM counterparts as necessary
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a paralegal, including extensive experience in general litigation and investigations work
- Strong knowledge of e-discovery tools and methods, and records/content management systems
- Strong knowledge of GSuite, Google Vault, Slack, Jira, Confluence, and AWS/GCP
- Exceptional writing and communications skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
- Self-motivated with the ability to both self-manage and manage a team to achieve project objectives
- Experience working in tech, especially for a large or scaling organization
- Experience managing structured and unstructured data
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize issues under time pressure
- In-house experience
- Start-up experience
- Understanding of autonomous vehicle technology
- Paralegal certification
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.