We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
- Design and build of our global video broadcast systems and our assembly-space audiovisual systems to ensure 99.9% uptime and ease of use
- Work with AV system design consultant during the spec, design, vendor selection and build processes
- Help with design and selection of services for global streaming platform
- New technology research and proof-of-concept testing
- Rapidly troubleshoot and fix global system and equipment issues for tier 3 support (including remote troubleshooting over network)
- Commission, test and debug new system builds
- Research to understand issues or functionality
- Championing cross-functional projects through the IT engineering process
- Working with IT security and network teams on assessment of risks with new AV infrastructure designs
- 8+ years in corporate AV or broadcast engineering
- Experience with design and implementation of broadcast AV systems (video cameras, video switchers and SDI/IP backbone infrastructures)
- Experience with video streaming encoders and platforms
- Experience with live video engineering (including Engineer in Charge seat)
- Experience w/ Crestron, IP Video, and Cisco
- Working knowledge of IP networking design and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of digital signal processing systems (Biamp, QSC, Yamaha, Mediamatrix, Clearone etc..)
- Excellent proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Thorough comprehension of AV schematics
- AV system design skills
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of projects
- Ability to concisely and succinctly gather information and communicate issues to others
- Demonstrable detail-oriented working style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.