We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We're currently testing a fully driverless solution on city streets. We're looking for smart, ambitious people to help build the world's largest fleet of driverless cars. This requires coordinating a wide variety of technical disciplines, each inventing new technology, and merging their inventions into a working and reliable autonomous vehicle. This role would play a key role in quick integration of new technical hires, developing technical talent internally, and assisting engineering to roll out new processes to their departments. You will use project management skills, creativity, design, a curiosity about how things work, and a love of learning to get this done. We look forward to meeting you.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Deliver and drive project execution for engineering-related training at Cruise
- Cruise engineering curriculum starts with an intensive program for new hires, and continues with occasional elective sessions for existing employees
- Topics include internally built tools, code review, project management norms, data infrastructure, security practices, systems test, and more
- Be the learning expert who partners with engineering subject matter experts to create courses.
- Facilitation of in-person and online courses will primarily be by subject matter experts coached by you. A minority of the time you may personally facilitate sessions
- Work with engineering stakeholders to identify skills and courses that would increase the productivity of Cruise engineering
- Occasionally facilitate for other L&D courses, such as general onboarding courses
- Create data-driven methods to evaluate and demonstrate the efficacy of the engineering curriculum
- Researching, writing, and organizing articles and guides for online teaching and learning
- Communicating the goals, challenges, strategies, and value of your work to the learning and development team and the larger People Function
- Building a personal network of relationships within all departments, in order to listen for the needs of the company
You should have:
- At least 2 years with some technical or software training experience; an ability to teach, facilitate and coach others in training sessions of 3-30 students
- At least 3 years experience with program/project management in a technology or high-growth company
- Clear and concise communication skills tuned for engineering stakeholders and executives
- Effective at navigating ambiguity: Given undefined problems, apply structured thinking and persistence
- Initiative and curiosity: keen interest in improving the status quo; going above and beyond to enable our teams and mission
- BA/BS required
- Demonstrated technical aptitude (meaning you’ve either written code, queried databases, built complex systems, or something similar)
- BS Engineering / BS Computer Science
- Interest in self-driving cars, of course
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.