We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Mechatronics Engineer to develop leading edge sensor cleaning solutions to maximize the sensing capability of our autonomous vehicles. In this role you will interact with systems, hardware, and perception engineers to design, prototype, and verify advanced systems for addressing weather and contaminant effects on sensors such as LiDAR, RADAR, cameras, and acoustics/ultrasonics. In this role you will have the opportunity to research, develop, and test advanced concepts, advanced materials, and electromechanical systems. You will work with suppliers and partners to develop and integrate these systems into the next generation of autonomous vehicles.
If you’re interested in helping to make all-weather autonomous driving a reality, let’s chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Source, evaluate, and test cutting edge technologies and materials
- Prototype full cleaning systems in a lab environment and evaluate overall performance
- Measure and verify sensor performance when interacting with the cleaning system
- Manage and execute system level design verification
- Collaborate with systems engineers and hardware teams to develop advanced concepts for sensor cleaning
- Work with our manufacturing partners to develop and integrate cleaning system components into the vehicle system
- Ensure the robustness of the system by performing FMEA
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in mechatronics/mechanical engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency with fluid mechanics
- Experience with sensors and proficiency with sensor key performance indicators
- Experience with key integration concepts such as tolerance, vibration, thermal, power, and data
- Experience working with sensors such as LiDAR, RADAR, camera, or acoustics/ultrasonics
- Experience working with automotive OEMs, and Tier 1 and 2 suppliers
- Experience with FMEA and Functional Safety concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Familiarity with CAD tools such as NX, Solidworks, CATIA, etc.
- Experience with electromechanical systems design for sensor cleaning
- Experience with coatings
- Experience with optics and lens fundamentals
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Familiarity with working in a mass production environment
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.