We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Sensor Integration Engineer to help us develop and integrate next-generation high-performance sensors and sensor packages to our vehicles. The Sensor Integration Engineer works with hardware engineering, systems engineering, and external partners to develop advanced sensor integration strategies for sensor systems including but not limited to LiDAR, RADAR, cameras, and acoustics/ultrasonic.
In this role you will develop advanced concepts for sensor integration, optimize sensor fields of view on next-generation vehicles, develop concepts for operability in challenging weather, and work with hardware, systems, and perception engineers to validate sensor layout and performance.
If you’re interested in helping to make autonomous driving a reality, let’s chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and work with sensor and vehicle CAD models to optimize sensor layouts
- Work with our manufacturing partners to integrate sensors and validate electrical and mechanical integration requirements
- Design and develop advanced interfacing techniques considering functional safety concepts for a robust system
- Collaborate with software developers, systems engineers, and hardware teams to develop advanced concepts for sensor integration
- Develop cleaning and maintenance strategies as part of high performance all weather sensor integration
- Evaluate new and existing sensor technologies and their impact on system performance
- Work closely with partners and suppliers to ensure timely, effective, sensor solutions
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience with key integration concepts such as tolerance, vibration, thermal, power, and data
- Experience working with automotive OEMs, and Tier 1 and 2 suppliers
- Familiarity with CAD tools such as NX, Solidworks, CATIA, etc.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing principles, including GD&T, assembly and dimensional engineering principles in design
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with analyzing data and developing tools in Matlab and Python
- Experience with electro-optical systems design (E.g., Zemax, Fred, Comsol)
- Experience with CV algorithms and CNN based approaches for detection and classification tasks
- Experience integrating sensors such as LiDAR, RADAR, camera, or acoustics/ultrasonics
- Experience with sensor calibration
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Familiarity with working in a mass production environment
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.