We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is looking for a world-class machine learning hardware architect to design, evaluate, and implement the next generation compute hardware to accelerate the machine learning algorithms on our autonomous vehicles. In this role, you will work with software architects and system architects to solve the most critical problems in the AI world, collaborate with design engineers to implement your ideas, and validate them on the most advanced autonomous vehicle.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for chip specifications and roadmaps
- Derive requirements from the software systems and current hardware systems specifically in machine learning
- Define chip function and system level testing criteria
- Provide architecture documentations to hardware, platform, and software teams
- Develop the cycle accurate model for co-simulation and run performance tests to concept proof the design
- Help with selection of hardware parts and vendors
- Participate in design reviews for hardware systems and related software systems
What you must have:
- 20+ years of chip design and architect experience
- Hands on experience with SOC chip architecture definition and implementation
- Strong background knowledge in sensor processing and machine learning algorithms
- Solid understanding of digital logic design and implementations, in particular hardware accelerators and processors
- Good understanding of ML algorithms specifically optimized for low complexity and low power
- Extensive knowledge in CPUs architecture including ARM, MIPS or Intel processors
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- BS or MS in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination education
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and becoming an expert in your domain
- Knowledge of PCIe, DDR, Ethernet and peripherals
- Hands on experience with logic design or verification
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.