We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The External Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing external communications strategies. You’ll help tell Cruise company and industry stories to key audiences as we continue to develop, test and share our technology with San Francisco and beyond. This position will work closely with leaders to recommend and plan external communications strategies, programs, and activities to reach the right audience and achieve desired results.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Devise press strategies and provide communications guidance to best tell Cruise stories externally.
- Manage key announcements and storymining within the company to provide new opportunities to tell Cruise stories to the world.
- Develop compelling communications materials, including story pitches, statements, and contributed content pieces.
- Work closely with communications colleagues, engineering, marketing and other key stakeholders within Cruise to support the company’s storytelling efforts externally
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners, and influencers in the tech, business, and consumer press.
- Work with Cruise’s communications teams to share more about the company and its people, from developing press interviews to events and activities.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in PR with a focus on technology media relations; agency and in-house experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or a related field required.
- Experience in tech PR and relationships within tech, business, and consumer press.
- Experience providing communications guidance to executives and devising communications strategies.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion and work efficiently with a global team of colleagues and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to understand complex issues and zoom out and tell a broader, consumer focused story, demonstrating excellent technical judgment.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player and willing to dive into a fun and fast moving environment.
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.