We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
At Cruise, we’re building a fleet of autonomous cars, each with a sophisticated set of sensors and compute modules that interface with our vehicle platform. As a Technical Program Manager for the Autonomous Vehicle Modules hardware team, you will partner with electrical, mechanical, embedded software, and manufacturing functions to deliver highly integrated interface and sensor modules. You will be responsible for driving project execution from concept to mass production for some of our most critical hardware and make sure we hit on schedule, cost, and performance targets.
This role requires a large scope of accountability, working with a large set of stakeholders and customers. You will manage an array of dependencies and moving parts to deliver our autonomous vehicle platforms to the world.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Leading complex, fast-evolving hardware components during early development through production, both in-house and by third-party vendor partners
- Owning and driving hardware program schedule and dependencies to land our deliverables on time
- Tracking and reporting on project progress, cost, schedules, risks, and opportunities; proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Being an outstanding partner to the core execution engineering team, ensuring they are enabled to do their best engineering work
- Partnering with and fostering relationships internally within Cruise and with our OEM partners, 3rd parties and external manufacturers
- Working with key stakeholders to drive clarity on requirements including Product Management, Systems Engineering, and various engineering groups
- Managing day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
- Keeping cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress and needs
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, and/or PhD in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or another engineering field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Technical Product Management, MBA or equivalent experience translating business needs into roadmaps, carefully-scoped requirements, engineering development & delivery plan
- Experience in PCBA development and manufacturing from concept to mass production
- Understanding of complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate in fast-paced environment under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- You have a background in automotive, defense, aerospace or similar requirement-driven design industry
- You have experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems and technology stacks
- Experience with SmartSheets and Atlassian Jira
- PMI Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.