We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll help align your team around a vision for the future and lead the charge to turn that vision into reality. You’ll work hand in hand with our engineering teams and empower them to provide world class services for our AV fleet.
In Fleet Tools, we empower our operations teams to optimize fleet utilization, road test new AV software, and keep our vehicles up and running. We sit within a broader product area called On Road Products, tasked with delivering products that enable Cruise to seamlessly run a fleet of AVs for all of our business lines.
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy for your product area, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and unmet customer needs
- Develop and execute an impact-driven product roadmap in close collaboration with technical customers, end users and senior leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, operations, AV integrity, and technical program management
- Rapidly prioritize (and re-prioritize) product offerings based on impact, including defining clear success criteria so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in tech-related fields
- 3+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and owning the narrative with leadership and key stakeholders
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A natural ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- Experience leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
- A master disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast-moving environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- Strong business acumen - MBA or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in fields related to the product area
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.