We are a driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex and unusual engineering challenges, while making an immensely positive impact.
We are looking for an engineer to work on enhancing existing tools and assist in developing new ones. Someone with the desire to automated everything. As a Staff engineer you will be involved in architecting solutions that allow Cruise to scale and with a focus on security and productivity. You will be an integral part of making the end user experience at Cruise the best it can be.
- Participate or Lead the development efforts to modernize the Workload Automation systems based on the internal clients’ needs and business requirements
- Administer and maintain IT tooling, including upgrades, applying patches and updates.
- Identify opportunities for automation
- Lead initiatives related to end user platforms, working with users’ to gather requirements and create solutions to improve productivity and security.
- Modernize platform management, leveraging CI / CD and CaaC to provide consistent transparent configuration of endpoints and infrastructure.
- Drive engineering best practices both within the IT team, and architect solutions that encourage them across the company
- Be a partner to the applications and operations support teams and provide subject matter expert advice to the users
- Being considered as one of the technical leaders of the department who guides architecture and major design decisions
- 5+ years supporting IT in an enterprise environment similar to Cruise
- 2+ years of experience managing Linux with Chef at scale
- A strong background in system administration of Linux systems
- Strong analytic & troubleshooting skills, multitasking and organizational skills
- Experience securing Linux as an end user platform
- A desire to deploy and manage IaaC and CaaC in an IT environment
- Mastery of owning a project, gathering requirements, communicating with stakeholders, identifying milestones, tracking progress, and driving to completion
- BS, MS or PhD in a related field or equivalent real-world experience
- Deep understanding of Ubuntu’s’ inner workings
- Contributions to the IT community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Advanced coding experience
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.