We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an extraordinary Manager, People Operations to lead the ever evolving design and infrastructure of our People programs, processes, and systems. Supporting a team of passionate HR professionals, your innovative approach to leadership will cater to an effective employee experience as well as efficient operations. You’ll work cross-functionally with brilliant minds to build and deliver People programs contributing to Cruisers doing the best work of their lives!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Lead an extraordinary team of Cruisers who span over multiple client service delivery teams in the People Ops space
- Lead systems and processes that enable an effective employee experience from on-boarding through off-boarding; creating an efficient end to end HR operation with a focus on quality, customer service and automation (i.e, self-service)
- Lead and execute our immigration program, ensuring Cruise employees feel safe and supported through the visa application and renewal processes
- Build a metrics driven organization that leverages reporting, dashboards, and SLA tracking to provide actionable insight on service delivery, operations accuracy, and effectiveness
- Develop and launch new programs as needed to enrich the professional development of our employees
- Own the HRIS and Relocation programs and processes
- Manage HR vendor relationships, negotiating services and managing SLAs
- Proactively seek an understanding of company business models, priorities and cultural nuances as an input into operational strategy and execution
- Work alongside People Business Partners and our COEs to appropriately handle complex people matters
- Partner closely with Recruiting, Finance, IT and Legal leaders to ensure our people operations programs, processes and systems align with our business goals and manage cost and risk appropriately
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of People Operations experience at rapidly scaling tech companies
- 7+ years of leadership experience managing exempt and non-exempt HR professionals
- Deep knowledge of complex tax, legal, compensation and immigration issues related to people operations
- Proven track record building best in class People systems and processes
- Superior problem solving capabilities and judgment
- Exceptional consulting, coaching, and facilitation skills
- Analytical drive; proficient with data-driven analysis
- Demonstrated project and change management skills
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.