We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We’re currently hiring Senior TPM to support the Cruise AI group in San Francisco:
Cruise AI (Machine Learning Platform, Data Science, and Ground Truth) powers machine learning at Cruise. We’re building sensor visualization tools that are used by thousands, automating large scale data production, and developing statistical procedures to ensure quality. Experience with data/task management and machine learning is crucial for this role. Bonus points if you have experience in UX / UI design.
In this role, you will lead infrastructure initiatives to improve data collection, labeling, and training pipelines to support advanced Machine Learning Model Development.
Technical Program Managers are responsible for the “when” and the “how of the program", and are held accountable for our teams delivering projects within the agreed upon timeline and requirements.
- Lead technical specification portion of product documentation, and coordinate Design Review process
- Maintain intimate knowledge of systems, and identify unnecessary complexity or unmet dependencies
- Turn requirements and product specs into implementation roadmaps, including identifying cross-team dependencies and balancing new projects with tech debt or other proactive initiatives
- Work with Engineering Managers to calculate capacity and estimate effort for upcoming plans
- Collaborate with Product Manager-Technical/Engineering Managers to prioritize projects based on constraints (e.g. Eng capacity, fixes required to meet existing SLAs)
- Drive the formulation of objectives and key results for subteams on quarterly basis
- Maintain company level planning
- Run relevant sprint meetings (planning, retro, etc.) alongside Engineering Managers and Technical Leads
- Shield teams from outside distractions and interferences to ensure the correct use of scrum process
- Attend relevant customer/other meetings to monitor progress, answer questions, and clarify details
- Escalate and coordinate with dependent teams to unblock work
- Maintain JIRA/Structure for team, including ensuring tickets are updated and tracked to resolution
- Document weekly status updates on progress towards deliverables, including identifying lagging work and monitoring project health
- Update company planning schedule as needed
- Monitor and flag ongoing risks, and address mitigation (where applicable)
- Ensure projects have appropriate tests and have been vetted for bugs prior to release
- Coordinate with Product Manager-Technical and Engineering Managers to ensure acceptance criteria have been met, and that projects/milestones are completed and delivered on schedule
- Validate non-functional requirements have been met, such as latency, performance, scalability, and cost
- Communicate schedule and progress to larger company program
- Monitor bug reporting; if bugs/issues, research root cause and drive resolution
- Ensure uptime and SLAs are being maintained
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans
- Work with engineers to define project success criteria and objectives
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Refine processes & tools used by your team and its cross-functional contributors
- Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Create and organize all project documentation
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 6+ years of industry experience in fast-paced tech company
- 3+ years of industry experience within program management
- Experience working with data science models, data pipelines and/or machine learning pipeline and model deployment
- A clear understanding of cloud computing services architecture and their evolution from analysis to post-launch
- A solid understanding of standard web technologies (HTTP APIs, RDBMS, system KPIs)
- Ability to influence without authority across engineering teams
- Ability to make data-driven decisions with imperfect data
- Experience building data-heavy & machine learning-powered products
- The ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Prior experience as an engineer
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Knowledge of programming language (i.e., Python, Ruby, Java, Node.JS, or similar)
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- MBA or equivalent work experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.