We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Our autonomous vehicles rely on state of the art electronics to ensure safety, sensor data compute, and in-car infotainment processing. Each of these modules need to be thoroughly tested and validated to pass stringent qualifications. We are actively seeking a dynamic electrical validation engineer to test and validate our extensive range of car modules. This is an exciting opportunity to work cross functionally with many stakeholders (hardware, software, systems engineering, suppliers) and roadmap from validating power integrity to high speed signals and everything in between.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work with design engineers to develop and execute with a test, bring-up and validation plan
- Participate in bring-up, debug, and root cause failure analysis activities in addition to executing test and validation plans
- Accurately and efficiently document test results, analyze data, and communicate results with team and various stakeholders while continually improving test methods
- Write scripts to automate testing and measurement of hardware interfaces
- Participate in design reviews to ensure test and validation coverage of new boards during design phase
- Work with Tier 1 / 2 / Contract Manufacturers vendors on component development and testing strategies, clarify any technical queries on testing and validation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of test development experience
- Strong knowledge in EE fundamentals, power & signal integrity, and analog/digital circuits
- Familiar with spectrum analyzer, signal analyzer, vector network analyzer, and network simulators (keysight, R&S, Anritsu, Tektronix, etc.)
- Deep understanding RF Design fundamentals and experience in debugging (emission, receiver sensitivity and multi radio coexistence issues)
- Deep understanding of communication theory & signal processing algorithms and in-depth knowledge on wireless communication system (OFDM/MIMO, etc.)
- Solid testing and validation experience of connectivity gateway, ethernet switches/routers, wireless communication protocols like LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/d/g/n/ac/ax, WiGig
- Automotive industry experience
- Scripting to automate data collection and control ATE/Test fixtures (Python, VBA, C++, etc.)
- Experience in EMI/EMC testing methods, root causing issues
- Experience working with 3rd party Test house UL, 7layers, SGS,CETECOM, FCC requirements
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.