We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Senior Acoustic Engineer will develop and work with acoustic signal processing algorithm, help us develop world-class acoustic hardware, and will engage collaboratively with the testing and software teams to quantify algorithm performance in the context of large data sets. A contributor in this position will focus on data analysis, algorithm refinement, and validation. Time will be split between multiple modalities of acoustic sensing, two way voice/telephony, and in cabin audio quality applications.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop, prototype, and evaluate new and existing algorithms
- Analyze and process acoustic datasets in bulk: data sets acquired through controlled tests and as well as regular operation of the fleet in real world conditions
- Support component and algorithm parameter tuning efforts for both in house and 3rd party systems
- Evaluate and help develop hardware solutions for acoustic problems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 5+ years of experience cumulative in acoustics, time series signal processing or speech processing, Matlab, C++, and algorithm development
- Proficiency with statistical data analysis and large datasets
- Experience with feature extraction and machine learning approaches (e.g. music genre classification or speech recognition)
- A foundation in digital audio, electro-mechanical systems, and physical acoustics
- Strong organizational and both visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience with spatial filtering and wind noise reduction algorithms
- Experience with a complete algorithm development or system lifecycle
- Experience with digital audio protocols, and comfort with audio hardware
- Experience in the automotive/medical/defense industry
- Experience with ROS/Python
- Experience with Comsol / Ansys
- Experience with B&K software
- Experience with USB audio
- Experience with VOIP/AES67 systems
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.