We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Safety and security are at the core of Cruise’s mission to safely and responsibly deploy autonomous vehicles. A key component of this role is being a cultural leader to expand Cruise’s “stay safe” culture.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Be a cultural leader for safety and security
- Align and build the Cruise Security organization with an operational model that achieves the overarching Cruise Safety and Security goals and objectives
- Define metrics and reporting to measure overall performance
- Manage and create the Security Operations budget
- Develop an integrated and “living” Security Operations Plan to cover all Cruise locations that are supported by all key stakeholders
- Develop, maintain, and improve security protocols (SOPs) and guidelines for each office, including access control standards and policies, incident response, security guard operations and deployment, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff
- Identify, source and implement necessary technology and tools
- Implement security and threat management programs to support the safety and well-being of employees and physical assets
- Design and conduct a cadence of regular audits and drills to evaluate the performance of security team members and contracts and established SOPs
- Partner with Legal, InfoSec and other Key stakeholders on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for Cruise
- Integrate processes that drive continuous improvement for the organization
- Manage the day-to-day physical security and safety operations for all offices
- Effectively and regularly communicate and train employees, response teams and the security workforce on the Safety Plan
- Provide investigative support and expertise for matters requiring focused attention
- Maintain and manage relationships with key vendors, ensuring that their contracts and service level agreements are regularly aligned with KPI’s that support the diverse and dynamic Cruise Portfolio
- Maintain relationships with law enforcement and understands the nuances of working with related agencies worldwide
- Ensure incidents are fully investigated and provide incident reports, briefings and after action recommendations to leadership
- Perform data analysis and create benchmarking to support risk assessments and threat identification and mitigation
- Create and present travel briefings as they relate to crime and health risks
- Evaluate badge data profile analysis
- Monitor and report on risk to our leadership team and employees
- Represent Physical Security on the Project Delivery Team to design, deliver, and develop the physical design guidelines for all facility builds
- Reviewing Architectural Plans and security designs
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and information security requirements
- Development of GSOC requirements and operations
- Build a World Class Team
- Attract, mentor, manage, inspire, and grow teams across multiple offices
- Provide direction and support necessary to acquire the highest quality security talent with vendors, including office guards, private security providers and other security personnel
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10+ years of large scale corporate security experience required; (Law enforcement and military experience included)
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize work and resource deployment
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and process building methodologies (i.e. six sigma)
- Solid project management skills with ability to achieve results
- Executive presence with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, effective at building trust
- Demonstrated experience with budget planning and management
- CPR/AED and First Aid qualifications
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.