We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior AV Hardware Build Engineer to help us integrate our cutting edge AV hardware into vehicles. If you're interested in solving difficult engineering problems that will change the face of transportation, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design reliable solutions that integrate our AV components into the vehicle while accounting for appearance, function, quality, cost, and mass
- Iterate to deliver optimal performance while balancing form, function, quality and serviceability
- Work across engineering teams including: Integration, Mechanical, Electrical and Sensors
- Design complex 3D surface models for structural components, A-Class surfaces and hardware
- Design and help implement proof of concept validation tests
- Utilize DFA methodologies during design, validation, and launch of program
- Work closely with GM team to accommodate vehicle requirements like service, aerodynamics, and ergonomics
- Manage internal and external suppliers to support prototype/production build events
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years experience working in automotive engineering
- Proven track record of solving complex vehicle integration problems
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, CATIA, or NX
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing principles, including GD&T, assembly, and dimensional engineering principles in design
- Experience with DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and other best practices
- Autonomous vehicle or automotive sensor experience
- Experience integrating complex hardware into vehicles
- Volume manufacturing experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.