We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Signal Integrity Engineer with experience in system level signal integrity design, simulation and validation. The Signal Integrity Engineer is on the Hardware R&D team; this team is responsible for developing the hardware platform for our AV software. The Signal Integrity Engineer will work on various PCB systems, define PCB stackup, run SI-PI prelayout simulations, propose PCB placement, run post-layout simulations, and perform high speed validation during board bringup. In this position, you will interact with electrical engineers, layout engineers, mechanical engineers, hardware design engineers, embedded system engineers internally and various PCB / high speed IC vendors externally to ensure high quality SI/PI design.
- Work with internal team and PCB vendors to define stackup
- Provide design rules for PCB layout; review PCB layout to make sure the rules are met
- Run 3D/2.5D simulations using Ansys and Cadence tools
- Perform high speed signal validation using TDR, VNA and oscilloscope
- SI/PI related debugging
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Five or more years of signal integrity and power integrity engineering experience
- Fluent in frequency domain and time domain simulation tools
- Experience with VNA, TDR and oscilloscope measurement
- Strong Electromagnetic (EM) theory basics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with EMI/EMC
- Experience with automotive, server, switch or camera products
Perks of being a Cruiser
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page