We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Senior Product Manager, Dispatch works with our cross-functional team of designers and engineers to lead the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our dispatch service in order to contribute across business lines to a standout customer experience, the efficient utilization of our fleet, and effective balancing of supply and demand.
- Act as product owner of dispatch services across both rideshare and delivery business lines
- Set the vision for dispatch leveraging your knowledge of the industry and out-of-the-box thinking
- Translate that vision into a strategy and roadmap that lays out priorities at a project-by-project level
- Work closely with Rideshare Business Unit group and New Business Initiatives group to understand business and operational requirements and objectives for our dispatch service
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and UX research teams in order to develop user requirements for these systems and identify novel opportunities to improve the products
- Write detailed requirements and feature documentation for projects within your roadmap
- Define and track success criteria and metrics within your product area
- Represent and evangelize your product(s) internally
- Gather input and feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with Business, Engineering, Design, Program Management, and Operations teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful consumer-facing software product throughout its lifecycle, including experience managing backend services
- Experience launching new products with marketplace and/or logistics considerations
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving user needs
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- Bonus: Experience optimizing dispatch systems for a live operation
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.