We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an Electrical Engineer to help us design state of the art hardware for our autonomous vehicle.
If you're interested in designing autonomous hardware, let's chat!
- Working with senior members to create mixed-signal electrical designs involving: power, high speed digital, analog, and RF
- Implementing FPGA and microcontroller-based circuitry including interfacing to standard peripherals
- Completing the entire PCBA design cycle, including: architecture definition, component selection, schematic capture, simulation, layout, verification (bring-up, debug, testing)
- Performing design validation including environmental and EMC testing
- Participating in internal and external hardware design reviews
- Recommending and implementing best practices for analog and digital design
- Interfacing with mechanical, thermal, software, design, and quality assurance teams for product integration and reliability
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- Experience with tools for schematic capture and layout in Altium.
- Extensive experience with board bringup, debugging, design verification, and production
- Experience with PCB layout and fabrication techniques
- Understanding of requirements traceability, configuration management and production release
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering along with three years of electrical engineering work experience.
- Experience with standards such as MIL-STD 810G/461, DO160, IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 16750
- Experience on autonomous vehicles, automotive, robotics, military, server or switch products
- Design of sensors for autonomous vehicles such as cameras, lidars, or IMUs
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.