We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Hardware Test Engineer to help us test and validate motherboards, systems and other hardware components
In this position, you will work closely with Hardware Design Engineers, System Test, Thermal, Manufacturing test teams.
- Develop and execute R&D and mass production of test & validation plans for autonomous driving system compute module
- Develop and maintain test plans/procedures/equipment
- Perform system level tests to stress various components of the Compute modules such as CPU, GPU, DDR, SSD etc.
- Work closely with Hardware Design & System test teams to ensure AV content is being tested and validated in line with product and business goals
- Coordinate with Software/BIOS teams to validate the design based on the change list
- Troubleshoot and root cause, document, develop tests for known failure cases, and drive issues to closure
- Support and work closely with the Safety Integrity and Systems Engineering team to aid in requirements & DFMEA creation and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with GM release teams and facilitate knowledge transfer from R&D learnings
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- System level test definition and testing experience with x86/AMD/ARM processor based designs, storage and networking products
- Familiarity with standard interfaces PCIe, 10G-KR, DDR, USB, I2C/SMBus, PMBus, SPI Bus
- Experience with Linux & scripting
- Familiar with Server architecture and components
- FPGA testing
- IPMI tool
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.