We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a skilled Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to dive deep into our software, write code to create and extend test frameworks, create tools to aid in verification of our quality, provide guidance in defining test strategies, technologies, and implement new processes to streamline our quality. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to raise the quality bar of our Autonomous Vehicle Software.
- Always be reviewing processes for automation and tooling efficiency
- Create tools to enhance and enable statistical quality analysis
- Identify and fill test framework and tooling gaps
- Provide guidance in test strategies, test plans, and test methodologies
- Create and support test reports/dashboards
- Efficiently execute test cases and prioritize based on changes
- Find, isolate, document, redress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report test results and be a vocal proponent for quality
- Maintain/build test infrastructure
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role with testing experience and C++ and/or Python
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience automating test processes, writing test frameworks, and devising test cases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience with CI/CD
- Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology
- Proficient with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Strong problem solving skills and utilize data to drive decisions
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including agile software development, use of source control management
Bonus Points if you have the following:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
- Experience in testing high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience with CircleCI
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.