About the role:
Cruise is looking for a top-notch camera engineer to contribute to our world-class sensor programs to help our autonomous cars drive in the world around them. The ideal candidate would have experience with image processing and algorithm development for both human consumption as well as computer vision.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and analysis of image processing pipelines for imaging and ranging optical sensor systems.
- Develop image quality metrics and implement verification tests.
- Coordinate with software perception team as well as in-house and external silicon experts to specify and implement an optimal image processing pipeline for Cruise’s self-driving applications.
- Collaborate with sensor engineers to optimize HW for Cruise applications.
- Develop custom image processing algorithms.
- Perform analysis as required to support fielded systems.
- Work closely with partners and suppliers to ensure timely, effective, sensor solutions.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, optics, science, or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience writing image processing algorithms
- Experience with ISP tuning
- Experience with analyzing data and developing tools in Matlab and Python.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with ISP implementation on embedded systems (FPGA, ASICs, SoCs)
- Experience working with automotive OEMs, and Tier 1 and 2 suppliers.
- Experience with ADAS or ASIL systems.
- Experience across the product life cycle from concept through manufacturing and fielded systems.
- Experience with CV algorithms and CNN based approaches for detection and classification tasks
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.