We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
At Cruise, we’re building a fleet of autonomous cars, each with a sophisticated set of sensors. As a Technical Program Manager for the sensor team, you will directly support our sensor systems to meet the needs of our perception stack.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work closely with company leaders and our Technical Program Managers, create and own program milestones, cross-team integration points, overall schedule and execution plan, and mentor and assist other program participants in creating plans for their respective areas
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans that align with internal customer needs and major company milestones
- Build relationships internally, with third-parties, and external manufacturers
- Help manage and drive complex, fast-evolving hardware components during early development, both in-house and by third-party vendor partners
- Ensure components are built to automotive specification - shock, vibration, weather, EMI, etc - find solutions for early internal development and for long-term manufacturing
- Track and report on project progress, cost, and schedules; proactively drive corrective action as needed collaborating closely with technical leads
- Define program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
- Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress & needs
- Conduct periodic retrospectives; continuously assess & improve process & tools
- Organize and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, science, or a related field
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Experience with fluid dynamics
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Background in automotive, defense, aerospace or similar requirement-driven design industry
- Experience with large-scale assembly line processes
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience using confluence, SmartSheet, JIRA, ERP, PLM
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.