We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for skilled System Test Engineers to dive into our software, analyze and propose improved testing frameworks and tools to aid in quality analysis. The System Test Engineer will also provide guidance in defining test strategies, processes and technologies to streamline testing. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to raise the quality bar of our Autonomous Vehicle Software.
- Performing root cause analysis on complex integrated systems
- Supporting development and execution of testing programs including simulation, road, environmental, and decision making
- Supporting Engineering in module evaluation, real-world data collection, analysis, and testing
- Evaluating and analyzing autonomous driver performance to support development and safety
- Supporting implementation of safety methodology, documentation, requirements, and tests
- Guidance and creation of test strategies, test plans and test methodologies
- Create and support test reports/dashboards
- Efficiently execute test cases and prioritize based on changes
- Find, isolate, document, redress, and track bugs through resolution
- Test progress, metrics, issues and risks to track system performance over time
- Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years' experience with root cause analysis experience or complex troubleshooting across multidisciplinary systems
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics,or another related field
- Ability to work with ambiguous/undefined problems
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Python, or other scripting language experience
- GitHub and git experience
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Experience with CI/CD
- Good knowledge of QA concepts and methodology
- Good knowledge of SDLC
- Strong problem solving skills and utilize data to drive decisions
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong spatial comprehension and computational skills
- Passion for building self-driving technology and understand its potential impact on the world
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.