We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
- Assist with troubleshooting on Audio Visual/IT systems as required as well as providing installation testing, commissioning and punch lists for completion by the integration team
- Live streaming events
- Work with IT and cross-functional business partners to develop scalable and leading edge Audio Visual systems.
- Works with external/internal teams to plan, implement and support global office builds & integrations.
- Manages multiple projects with sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Acts as technical point of contact for projects and communicate status to manager, team and partners.
- Responds promptly to requests for technical support via email, tickets and in person as needed.
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and applications, providing technical support and problem solving.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and is passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
- Documents status of issues and provides updates to management, team and end users.
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to technical staff or management.
- Schedule may include after hours and weekend support.
- Works with the HelpDesk, Systems Administrators, Facilities, Engineering Operations, Security and other teams to identify and resolve escalations and outages.
- Initiates and tracks service requests with 3rd party vendors.
- Maintains standard operating procedures, best practices and customer service guidelines.
- Participates in onboarding and training team members.
- Drives quality and adherence to best practices within the team
- 5+ years experience providing technical or engineering support in the AV/IT industry
- Experience with Google Meet and Zoom
- Advanced proficiency commissioning AV and IT systems
- Ability to multi-task and manage several different projects at a time, mentor others, a solid work ethic and exceed customer expectations
- Strong troubleshooting ability; can take steps on their own to isolate issues and determine root cause through investigative analysis in environments where the candidate has little knowledge/experience/documentation.
- Demonstrated strong technical skills in Networking – TCP/IP, routed networks, video/audio across IP, and issues which can disrupt video/audio traffic.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports, documenting procedures, documenting use cases, and interacting positively with other staff and management.
- Must be capable of independent problem-solving and self-direction.
- Deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Apple core products, iOS, MacOS.
- Experience with Crestron, Digital Signal Processing and live event production would be a plus!
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.