We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Product team is responsible for bringing autonomous vehicles to market. They own Cruise Anywhere, the autonomous ridesharing service (available to Cruise employees), as well as the dispatching and management tools needed to operate a driverless fleet.
The Fleet team (within Product) provides the tooling to track, optimize, and automate the management of the world’s largest driverless fleet.
- Design and implement full-stack solutions to manage our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles through our command & control center
- Build internal tools to manage our unique development, deployment, and testing workflows
- Develop robust APIs for client applications and vehicle communications
- Own deployed code to our live production fleet of autonomous vehicles
You should apply for this role if you have:
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Node.js, Go, or similar languages
- Experience building modern front-ends using React, Webpack, Babel, or similar tools
- Experience with relational databases
- 2+ years of production-level experience building full stack applications
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and drive for building an amazing product
- Experience scaling back-end systems
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience building a product end-to-end on a small team
- Experience working in a startup
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.