We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Fleet Engineer for the San Francisco Market team to work cross functionally to help us scale our autonomous fleet and grow in other markets. You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, acting as a liaison between engineering and operations to make our fleet successful. You will lead initiatives to improve the fleet uptime and utilization rate.
If you’re interested in building a world-class autonomous fleet, let’s chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work cross-functionally to scale and maintain a fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Develop robust and scalable processes for engineers and technicians to support the fleet
- Proactively look for and drive improvements in process and design to support safety, maintainability, serviceability and scalability
- Support Cruise and GM engineers with root cause analyses on a variety of complex issues affecting hardware, software, and overall vehicle systems integration
- Lead and execute the planning of special projects, retrofits and other process changes to the fleet
- Balance operational needs with engineering requirements to maintain impeccable safety record and high uptime
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive or similar Engineering field
- Experience in an automotive, robotics, or similar industry
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt, operate, and act decisively in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly about complex technical systems
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Willingness to work with documentation engineers to document all processes
- Experience working with 24x7 operation of a fleet
- Basic programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.