We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to help us design, bringup and validate compute designs.
In this position, you will support the system level compute integration.
- Demonstrate full ownership of assigned systems
- Own hardware system specification, design, bringup, testing, and PPAP
- Derive detailed requirements and specifications from high level objectives
- Develop efficient system architectures based on key metrics
- Make decisions backed by sound engineering trade studies
- Manage timelines and determining project deadlines in order to meet program timing
- Establish milestones and performance gates
- Collaborate with GM release teams and ensure smooth vehicle integration
- Serve as a peer role model for more junior design engineers and/or interns
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with hardware engineering with proficiency in: lifecycle management, schematics design, hardware development, vendor management
- Experience with high speed hardware design, bringup and validation
- Experience with high speed interfaces such as PCIE, QPI, DDR, 10G+ Ethernet
- Basic understanding of signal integrity concepts
- Proficiency with schematic and layout CAD tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in the data center and/or automotive industry
- Experience with ROS/Python/C/C++
- Experience with compute/sensing hardware and testing
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.