We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced C++ software engineers to design and develop production level, safety-critical control and estimation code. Hundreds of vehicles on the road will deploy the software that you develop. You will work with top computer scientists and autonomous driving experts to develop state-of-the-art algorithms and software for controlling the vehicle and design and implement fault detection and handling algorithms.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- Invent, extend, design and develop control and estimation features
- Take algorithms from conception to implementation and deployment
- Analyze performance from simulation and real-world testing (on public roads and closed-course test tracks), root cause issues, identify areas for improvement
- Work with existing code base to optimize reliability and performance
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or other related fields.BS plus 5-7+ years of industry experience, or MS/PhD plus 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong background in object oriented programming and system architecture
- One or more of the following skill sets:
- Classical feedback control theory, analysis and design techniques
- Knowledge of dynamics (modeling, simulation, validation)
- Experience with state estimation, inertial navigation, IMU/wheel encoder sensors, sensor fault detection and tolerance
- Experience developing SW for safety critical applications
- Familiarity with STL and Boost libraries
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with autonomous vehicles or robot path planning
- Experience with physically realistic simulations (timing frameworks, physical modeling and validation, fault injection, hardware-in-the-loop)
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience in code optimization and developing code for high performance real-time applications and
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics
Perks of being a Cruiser
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.