We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced C++ software engineers to design and develop production level, safety-critical control and estimation code. Hundreds of vehicles on the road will deploy the software that you develop. You will work with top computer scientists and autonomous driving experts to develop state-of-the-art algorithms and software for controlling the vehicle and design and implement fault detection and handling algorithms.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- Invent, extend, design and develop control and estimation features
- Take algorithms from conception to implementation and deployment
- Analyze performance from simulation and real-world testing (on public roads and closed-course test tracks), root cause issues, identify areas for improvement
- Work with existing code base to optimize reliability and performance
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 4+ years Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or other related fields.BS plus 5-7+ years of industry experience, or MS/PhD plus 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong background in object oriented programming and system architecture
- One or more of the following skill sets:
- Classical feedback control theory, analysis and design techniques
- Knowledge of dynamics (modeling, simulation, validation)
- Experience with state estimation, inertial navigation, IMU/wheel encoder sensors, sensor fault detection and tolerance
- Experience developing SW for safety critical applications
- Familiarity with STL and Boost libraries
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with autonomous vehicles or robot path planning
- Experience with physically realistic simulations (timing frameworks, physical modeling and validation, fault injection, hardware-in-the-loop)
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience in code optimization and developing code for high performance real-time applications and
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.