We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for an EMC design engineer to design system level EMI/EMC solutions. The successful candidate will have solid EMI/EMC design expertise and understand basics of signal integrity. This role is on the AV Hardware team, which is responsible for developing the hardware platform for our AV software. The EMC Engineer will be involved in the system architecture design, provide EMI/EMC design rules, review schematics and layout to implement good EMI/EMC design practice. Secondly, the EMI/EMC engineer will debug EMI/EMC validation issues of systems. The EMI/EMC engineer will also help develop EMI/EMC analysis/validation flow to reduce system level EMI/EMC risk. As an EMC engineer, you will work with cross-functional teams including Design Engineering team, Electrical engineering team, Mechanical engineering team and Embedded systems team.
- Develop EMI/EMC modeling methods to assess and improve module level designs for emission reduction and immunity improvement.
- Review PCB schematics, proposing filter solution, common mode chokes, capacitors for EM emission control
- Review PCB layout/enclosure and provide EMI/EMC design recommendations, including traces, power planes, ground planes, vias, component placement, VRM EM emission control, shielding
- Propose vehicle level grounding scheme, vehicle level immunity design for sensors and compute module
- Debug and root cause EMI/EMC issues in lab and in the field
- ESD design, including ESD diode location, sizing, connection and PCB layout
- Work with cross-functional teams to assess existing EMI/EMC and ESD testing methods and taylor testing standards and methods to be more applicable to AVs
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- Five or more years of EMI/EMC engineering experience on PCBs/connectors/cables
- Experience with EMI/EMC debugging
- Familiar with different EMI/EMC test standards and setup
- Experience with VNA, TDR and spectrum analyzers
- Strong Electromagnetic (EM) theory basics; understands signal integrity basics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with automotive, server, switch or camera products
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.