We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Technical Program Manager for Hardware Testing, you will play a critical role collecting, planning and coordinate testing activities across all the Autonomous Vehicle Hardware modules and platforms.
You will work to identify key challenges faced within hardware, and partner with sensor Technical Program Managers to drive programs that address these challenges from a program-level perspective.
You will need to navigate the complexity of a matrixed organization and partner with key engineering leads and and other Technical Program Managers to come up with a comprehensive plan of all the testing activities required for the new HW platform and drive execution of testing activities.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working with and build relationships internally within Cruise and with our OEM partners, 3rd parties and external manufacturers
- Working with key stakeholders to drive clarity on requirements including Product Management, AV Integrity, and various engineering groups
- Owning and driving hardware program schedule and dependencies to land our deliverables on time.
- Helping manage and drive complex, fast-evolving hardware components during early development through production, both in-house and by third-party vendor partners
- Tracking and reporting on project progress, cost, and schedules; proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Managing day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
- Keeping cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress and needs
- Creating and organizing all relevant documentation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience interfacing with software teams and their development frameworks
- Understanding of complex technical systems
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- You can adapt and operate under ambiguity
- You can identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- You confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Background in automotive, defense, aerospace or similar requirement-driven design industry
- Experience bringing hardware into production through high volume manufacturing
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems and technology stacks
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.