We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for an IT Support Lead to join our team! It’s a fast-paced environment in which you’d be working on cutting-edge technologies. We need people who are organized and able to think on their feet, and who can find creative solutions to interesting problems.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Co-own IT Operations and lead team direction across Cruise offices
- Deliver and foster an exceptional environment for customer service
- Continuously improve systems and processes through documentation & system iteration
- Set IT standards and best practices, communicate change, and ensure cross-team adoption is successful
- Solve complex problems across hardware, software, security, and network infrastructure
- Serve as technical escalation point
- Proactively identify gaps in systems and operations, and engineer solutions
- Work cross-functionally and represent IT across all groups and organization levels
- Own and drive large scale, multifaceted projects and deliverables
- Responsible for inventory, purchasing, and asset management
- Own processes for interviewing, training, and mentoring
- Manage relationships with vendors and 3rd party providers
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ year(s) of modern Enterprise IT experience
- 5+ year(s) of relevant technical customer support experience
- 2+ year(s) of experience managing/leading projects
- 1+ year(s) of people management or team leadership
- Experience defining and enforcing team SLAs
- Experience with ticket management and tracking
- Subject matter expert in one or several modern enterprise services
- Experience promoting a culture of giving and receiving feedback
- Are a model example for others to follow in customer service and technical prowess
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive technical knowledge of mobile and desktop operating systems (ie. MacOS, Ubuntu, Windows 10, ChromeOS, iOS, Android)
- Intermediate understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of IAM and productivity suite administration (ie. Okta, G Suite)
- Deep understanding of Jira or other ticketing systems
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management (ie. Airwatch, SimpleMDM, Intune)
- Ability to work well under pressure, and self manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues, and explaining them in terms appropriate for technical or nontechnical customers
- Passionate for automation and efficiency
- Knowledge of video conferencing solutions and support
- Ability to be on-call and work outside of business hours
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Strong empathy while still being able to constructively challenge existing implementations
- Intermediate familiarity with Ubuntu troubleshooting
- Knowledge of scripting (ie. Python, Bash, powershell, Apps Script)
- Administration experience with Jira, Slack, and G Suite Super Admin
- Experience in Okta integrating applications, building groups, and creating rules
- Experience supporting a zero trust BeyondCorp environment
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.