We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We're looking for an experienced Program Manager to manage large-scale, highly cross-functional programs and initiatives which are critical to the company’s success and the future of mobility.
The role of a ride-hailing program manager is two-fold:
(1) You are responsible for planning, de-risking, and execution of our first public product launch in San Francisco and subsequent new market launches. You will be leading this effort across almost every function at Cruise.
(2) While we are pre-launch, you manage ongoing business unit operations and deliver on strategic initiatives which will position Cruise for success at and after launch.
Stakeholders include engineering, operations, strategy, communications, marketing, product, legal, finance, security, and government affairs.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Plan and drive execution across 10+ functions to (a) launch Cruise’s ride-hailing product in initial and subsequent markets, and (b) deliver strategic ride-hailing initiatives prior to our first product and market launch
- Break down functional silos to deliver a seamless customer experience and foster principled P&L management through influencing leaders across Cruise to develop, share, and strengthen their plans
- Create frameworks to manage programs and initiatives in a way that is clear, actionable, and results driven
- Design and run major cross-functional leadership forums to drive decision making and alignment across Cruise on topics relevant to the ride-hailing business
- Bring next level organization to the way we make decisions, execute launch programs and strategic initiatives, and evaluate progress within the ride-hailing business unit
- Hold leadership team and cross-functional peers accountable to deliver on commitments which will benefit the business
- Serve as an interface between the business and technical programs team responsible for technology readiness to represent launch timeline, scope, and resources required.
- Keep leadership team abreast of upcoming decisions, important opportunities and risks to consider, and help needed across launch readiness and other strategic initiatives
- Communicate progress on launch readiness and other strategic initiatives to key stakeholders and sponsors.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience spanning program management roles and at least one operational or business oriented role
- Ability to create and leverage strong relationships with cross-functional peers and leaders
- Ability to quickly identify and rally the people you need to get something done
- Ability to enroll, lead and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Ability to keep teams focused on the most impactful work in the short to medium term while not losing sight of the big picture and long-term goals
- Ability to understand and act on complex and open-ended problems
- Ability to see around corners when doing something that’s never been done before
- Ability to adapt, operate, and thrive under ambiguity
- Ability to hold others accountable to get work done
- Willingness to speak up when there is a timeline, scope, or resource risk
- Passionately brings order and organization to any team
- Flexibility to use many relevant program and business management tools
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong communication skills and business sense
- Ability to navigate complex team and leadership dynamics
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent with a technical or other relevant background
- Experience bringing a company’s first product to market at a large scale
- Experience in a Go To Market program management role
- Experience working for a Marketplace company
- Experience in new product introduction (NPI) operations
- Experience working in small and large companies
- Experience working on a ride-hailing product or program
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.