We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of the program plans for Cruise’s next generation AV system architectures
- Assembling your cross-functional program leadership team; clarify roles & responsibilities, build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Guiding teams through refining requirements and setting program scope
- Working closely with company leaders and our Technical Program Managers, create and own master program milestones, cross-team integration points, overall schedule & execution plan; mentor and assist other program participants in creating plans for their respective areas
- Capturing and tracking inter-team dependencies & hand-offs; monitor & help resolve issues
- Defining program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Communicating progress effectively across the program team and other partners, including GM, outside investors, and Cruise team members
- Proactively resolving issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- Negotiating any plan-of-record changes, escalating only when necessary - you *are* the escalation point for the program
- Aligning with other parallel programs - handoffs, resource contention, etc
- Organizing and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
- Conducting periodic retrospectives; continuously assess & improve process & tools
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company, including direct management and delivery of large, technically complex product development programs
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
- Technical Product Management, MBA or equivalent experience translating business needs into roadmaps, carefully-scoped requirements, engineering development & delivery plan
- Top-notch communications and presentation skills, from the team to executive level
- Proven ability to calmly and confidently bring clarity, order and organization to complex undertakings; ability to understand complex technical systems
- Interest and willingness to mentor more junior staff members, identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Motivated self-starter with ability to adapt quickly and operate under ambiguity
- Experience with data analytics and metrics-informed decision-making
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Deep & broad S/W and H/W development methodology knowledge, experience selecting and applying the best methodologies & tools to large-scale development environments (JIRA, Github, etc)
- Proven ability to influence members across the team to maximize performance, and to provide clear data & options to decision-makers
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.