We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for someone who loves to write code to break code. The person who we seek to hire is no different in technical chops than a regular software engineer. You’ll be testing everything from front end web app’s to large distributed back end API’s. We want someone who is a self starting go getter and can thrive in a fast paced environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing continuous testing programs and debugging issues faced in continuous testing frameworks
- Supporting developers by automating tests and test cases for development features
- Finding and triaging bugs reported across the board for internal and external customers
- Reviewing features and identifying test gaps
- Constantly pushing for quality improvement in all of our products
- Focus on shipping quality code, with quality never being an afterthought
- This is a cross functional role. As such, excellent communication skills is a must
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented design, API design, SOA, Node.js (or equivalent), and HTTP
- Solid knowledge of SQL and creating complex, but performant queries
- Possess the ability to test to break, creating solid test plans, and test cases
- Familiarity with the testing pyramid and able to make recommendations to developers around what testing methodologies are most appropriate (Unit vs. Integration vs. End-to-End)
- Experience decomposing monolithic architectures into microservices
- Experience deploying logging, monitoring, and alerting in order to maintain SLAs
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
- Experience testing Android and/or hardware
- Interest in autonomous technology
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.