We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the team:
Mapping provides navigational knowledge and intelligence of the world to AV so as to allow it to reason and maneuver safely while driving autonomously. Our organization spans everything from collecting raw data from our vehicles to producing end user maps, and everything in between, labeling, on vehicle map SDK’s, etc.
About the role:
This is a role for someone who has built large scale productionized distributed systems in the past and is comfortable leading projects and mentoring team members.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Focus on shipping solid code, with quality never being an afterthought
- Utilize your past experiences to mentor, contribute to, and grow strong team dynamic
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders to ensure client needs are being met and accounted for in project planning
- Participate in coding and feature development
- Participate in growing your team by identifying and hiring top talent
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years in an engineering lead role, and 5+ years as a developer.
- Solid experience in operating in a production environment.
- Have owned and shipped products used by end consumers.
- Expert knowledge in designing, building and deploying large-scale distributed systems
- Experience communicating well across functions and groups
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented design, API design, SOA, Node.js (or equivalent), and HTTP.
- Knowledge of front end technologies like React, Redux, etc.
- Passionate about building web services and reusable software components: how they're used, how they scale, how they fit together and how they break
- Knowledge of computer vision, machine learning, or automated cartographic error detection in maps
- Knowledge of Netty, Vert.x, Akka, or Node.js
- Experience in event driven programming
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.