We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, re-imagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
About the role:
We are hiring a San Francisco-based Administrative Assistant to support 2-3 Directors in our People Org. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-impact environment, where they can be part of a growing team and organization. Well-honed organizational skills, professionalism, thoughtfulness, and a positive attitude are a must.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Create efficiency and organization for Directors and their teams
- Calendar management - navigate a high volume of inbound requests, recurring events, and last-minute changes
- Support and coordinate team meetings and events, including quarterly offsites and retreats
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials
- Expense reporting for Directors
- Culture-contributor: support and celebrate cultural moments for the teams including birthdays and work anniversaries
- Help drive cross-functional alignment and team projects
- Act as a team point person - assist with general team requests and inquiries
- Help to keep the teams on-track and organized
- Arrange travel, schedule transit, and make reservations for Directors
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent / 2+ years experience
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Acute attention to detail
- Creative problem-solver
- Excellent calendar management skills
- Strong knowledge of G Suite and MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Experience working in the tech industry
- Experience working with People teams
- Interest in exposure to the various functions under the People team
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.