We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, re-imagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
About the role:
We are hiring a San Francisco-based Executive Assistant to support two VPs in Finance. Our ideal candidate will thrive in our innovative, fast-paced, and growing organization, expanding their skillset and abilities in pace with the company. We’re looking for someone who can drive efficiency and bring productivity to the next level. Our ideal candidate will be a culture-contributor and create the invaluable connectivity between growing teams.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Act as gatekeeper, time-advocate, and liaison for your executives
- Manage busy and ever-changing calendars and schedules
- Handle multiple requests for time on executives’ calendars, utilizing strong judgment in managing priorities of requests and escalating as necessary for resolution and/or prioritization
- Manage team meetings, team calendars, and team Slack channels
- Create efficiency and balance for your executives
- Arrange travel, schedule transit, and make reservations for executives
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate various meetings, functions, and events including quarterly retreats and team-building offsites
- Manage and track team budgets
- Expenses reimbursements
- Help drive recruitment and hiring as-needed (project management of candidate screening, schedules, process support)
- Assist with the onboarding of new hires to the team
- Act as a team point person, handle team requests, problem solve and help keep the team on track and organized
- Be a culture-contributor: track, highlight, and celebrate important team cultural/career moments such as birthdays and work anniversaries
- Potentially develop new processes for a growing team
- Adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role or function
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter that can take a task and run with it
- Acute attention to detail
- Are not just reactive, but proactive - thinking ahead of issues that might emerge and solving them before being asked.
- Creative problem solver able to think outside the box
- Can balance setting boundaries for leads with being empathetic to the needs of our team
- Exceptional people skills and the ability to navigate various professional dynamics
- Excellent calendar management skills
- Strong knowledge of G Suite, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Experience working in the tech industry
- Project management experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.