We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Simulation team. Help us replicate complex road situations in our simulated environments to help improve our autonomous performance in the real world.
If you're keen on an opportunity to have a big impact on the delivery of sensor simulation systems that ultimately help Cruise deliver self-driving vehicles that eclipse the capabilities of human drivers, join us!
- Extend our Simulation Driver architecture that controls our 2D and 3D simulation frameworks: NPC behaviors, path following, scenario parametrization
- Create authoring, helper and debugging tools
- Create test suites (unit, integration, system)
- Collaborate with System Test Engineers to design and implement new features
- Collaborate with a team of talented people pushing towards one goal: making our cars drive better every day
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in writing modern C++11 and above
- Strong 3D math skills
- Exceptional ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable software
- Experience with RPCs (e.g. gRPC)
- Experience with Python
- Natural ability to communicate well across teams of developers and other staff
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contribution is highly visible
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- BS, MS or PhD in CS or equivalent real-world experience
- 2+ years experience with Unreal Engine 4
- UX experience in Unreal Engine Slate System
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.