We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Product Operations applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. Our products include massive annotated datasets for machine learning and high-definition maps to guide our cars as they navigate the world. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
We are looking for a manager to lead, manage, and grow the Data Acquisition team, setting a high-bar for operational execution in a fast-paced environment. The Data Acquisition team works closely with Engineering and Product Operations to find and capture the most interesting data in the real world that will help Cruise solve tomorrow’s challenges. Their tools range from data analysis using internal systems, optimizing the routing of our large autonomous fleet, and leveraging global labeling teams to deliver on high-impact time-sensitive initiatives.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Strategize on short and long-term organizational and team goals, including demand planning and resource needs.
- Manage a small team of direct reports, lead performance management, and develop additional roles as needed.
- Work closely with Operations, Product, and Engineering to design and implement and effective workflows, operational execution and supportive tooling.
- Anticipate issues and drive resolution across teams to overcome barriers or blockers.
- Drive standardization in forecasting, KPIs, tracking, and reporting across a broad range of programs with complex inter-team dependencies.
- Communicate proactively and precisely across different groups within engineering, product operations, and leadership about progress against deadlines, emerging issues, and proposed changes.
- Create concise, impactful overviews that help stakeholder teams understand our work and how we can support them
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of work experience, including in consulting, finance, or business operations
- 2+ years of people management experience and ability to hire and develop talent
- Experience developing sophisticated, innovative strategies for navigating a complex and nascent industry
- Proficiency in influencing without authority and building consensus across diverse stakeholders for new ideas
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.