We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Fleet Support Analyst to join the Autonomous Vehicle Development Team. This role will be expected to support the Vehicle Development team in creating a world-class program to mitigate risks associated with vehicle issues. This person will build processes and training to support the identification of new issues, categorize and triage issues as they are reported, and follow up relentlessly as we drive issues to closure.
This role will also be responsible for performing hands-on problem solving alongside your team, becoming the domain expert and go-to person for all things related to autonomous vehicle issue management.
Day-to-day responsibilities include
- Lead cross-functional efforts to effectively identify, triage, coordinate, prioritize vehicle issues and manage issues to resolution or handoff as needed
- Help shape the vision for developing tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; work with cross-functional teams to build and automate tools
- Assigning and appropriately escalating tasks to your team in line with overarching Cruise priorities
- Train and mentor team members in order to improve how they solve problems and effectively manage a multitude of issues
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to meet goals and metrics. Actively monitoring open issues across the fleet
- Track issue progress and assist in identifying & removing roadblocks
- Create reports on issues affecting autonomous vehicle fleet
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with cross-functional groups, management, technicians, operators and engineers
- Respond in a timely manner and escalate vehicle safety concerns
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in automotive, marine, robotics, or aerospace industries
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing a multitude of complex issues
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multi-functional tasks
- Strong intuition regarding prioritization and escalation of issues
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change
- Self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite
- Passion for autonomous technology and growing and mentoring teams
Perks of being a Cruiser
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.