We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-drivin g cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Hardware in the Loop (HIL) team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining dedicated systems (up to and including whole vehicles) for development and test of hardware and embedded software for our autonomous vehicles. Our systems improve the quality and reliability of our vehicle and the quality of life for the people who develop and test it. We are looking for Software Engineers to build reliable, sophisticated HIL tools supporting multiple development and test workflows. This is a small but growing team, integrated into the Embedded Systems team.
- Work closely with our Hardware Integration and Embedded Systems teams to deliver key functionality for testing and development of autonomous vehicle components and subsystems.
- Develop and maintain hardware drivers in Python
- Develop, maintain and document test APIs corresponding to hardware devices and automated workflows.
- Participate in collaborative design of the overall HIL systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Ability to write and document clear Python code
- Familiarity with Linux as a development environment
- Experience working with hardware with embedded software
- Experience with serial communications protocols
- Experience creating test automation tooling
- Development of embedded software in C or C++
- Networking in Python
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks, especially Pytest
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems
- Experience with real-time systems
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.