We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We're looking for smart, ambitious people to help build and support the world’s largest fleet of driverless cars.
You will leverage deep understanding of user needs to help define, design and build products that are in line with Cruise’s mission and strategy. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises. But most importantly – we need a leader that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver, because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Building tools and services that positively impact the security and productivity of the organization
- Continuously assessing and identifying areas of the Cruise technology stack that can be strengthened by your work
- Being considered as one of the technical leaders of the department who guides architecture and major design decisions
- Maintaining and building interdisciplinary skills through research, experimentation, and exploration
You may be a good fit if:
- You've operated and have an in-depth understanding of cloud and on-premises infrastructure platforms.
- You prefer to iterate and improve rather than build the initial perfect product
- You’ve not only worked on a highly functional security team, but at a highly functional security organization
- You have a history of writing performant, maintainable, testable code
- Experience building large, scalable software systems in at least one of Go, Python, or Node.js
- You have experience working with data at scale and real time processing. (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
- Exceptional coding abilities, architecture, debugging, and performance/diagnostics measurement skills
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience working with modern development and deployment workflows (containerization, orchestration of, etc.)
- Experience building modern frontend systems using modern frameworks
- Experience scaling back-end systems
- Experience writing modern C++ applications
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.