We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Finance Organization:
The Finance team drives Cruise teams forward to create an iconic, once-in-a-generation company. We are business-minded innovators, fearless negotiators, forward-thinking process builders, and operational catalysts who take on unique challenges every day. You will be part of a diverse team developing scalable best practices to help shape the mobility-as-a-service industry.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Build and lead a world class New Product Introduction (NPI) team that is committed to rapid iteration and delivering solutions that meet or exceed Cruise’s quality, cost and timeline targets.
- Set priorities for the team based upon a clear understanding of strategic relevance and financial impact.
- Lead the ordering, receipt, and inventory of parts for prototype builds.
- Ensure team members effectively negotiate cost and terms & conditions for all existing and new suppliers.
- Work with engineering to develop a process to ensure BOM accuracy across all projects
- Identify, develop, and implement tools required to support the NPI process
- Work with partners to ensure the successful transition from development to production.
- Partner with engineering to develop appropriate reporting to drive NPI communications throughout the organization; raising key issues and options for resolution with executive teams.
- Develop strategic partnerships with suppliers of advanced technologies that will serve as key differentiators in our market
- Lead by example and enhance the skills / capabilities of the NPI supply chain team.
- Use data to identify, prioritize, and solve complex business problems.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Engineering undergraduate degree from a respected institution.
- MBA/Masters in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Operation preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience that includes 2 years in a management position.
- Preference given to candidates from the following industries; automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics, networking.
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Demonstrated success in implementing best practices in a rapidly growing company.
- Expert negotiation skills, with the ability to serve as an escalation point in high-value contract negotiations.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.