We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- You will provide strategic partnership and counsel to the VP of Global Markets and its management team
- You will create and implement creative and progressive talent strategies tailored to both regular full-time employees and contractor populations, addressing retention and development needs
- You will support the Global Markets teams through all People processes including compensation, talent development, performance management, employee relations, organizational design, etc.
- You will coach and develop leaders at all levels within the organization, from individual contributors to senior leaders
- You will utilize data and analytics in order to inform key business and talent decisions
- You will collaborate with other People Team functions (compensation, recruiting, talent development, learning, etc.) to inform the design and implementation of People programs
- You will act as a cultural ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion
- You will mentor and coach other members of our People team
- You will motivate and develop a small team to help you execute talent strategies across all of Global Markets, for both contingent and full time workers
- You will ensure employee advocacy and fairness
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You possess 10+ years experience as strategic HR Business Partner
- You have 10+ years of experience with overseeing contingent workforces in various US locations.
- You have a strong understanding of local labor laws with regards to a contingent workforce
- You have experience in expanding businesses into new markets, both foreign and domestic.
- You are discerning and possess excellent problem-solving capabilities and the ability to make thoughtful decisions
- Analytically driven, you are experienced in utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis
- You possess experience driving key people, programs and processes (annual performance management cycles, calibration facilitation, compensation planning, executive coaching, employee relations/conflict resolution, organizational design, etc.)
- You have a track record of partnering with Senior Leaders to help them solve their most complex people challenges
- You have a track record of having a strong and trusting partnership with central HR functions, and are able to represent those functions to your leaders (e.g., partnering with recruiting to inform leaders of hiring trends and opportunities)
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are intellectually curious about people and organizational issues and are motivated by a desire to help others
- You possess an ability to balance client needs with running an HR organization at scale
- You possess impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- You are agile, able to adapt to shifting priorities, and offer a high-touch approach to client management
- You get your hands dirty until you can build and scale your team
Please note: The requirements listed are guidelines, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of them. Cruise is committed to creating teams who come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills to make sure our products are innovative and accessible to all.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.